Buffalo Hills Elementary is Kearney's newest elementary building. Located in northwest Kearney, Buffalo Hills opened its doors in the Fall of 2012. An addition and renovation project was completed in 2018 to bring the building capacity to three units, K-5. At Buffalo Hills, we provide a respectful, responsible and safe environment which promotes high levels of student engagement and performance. We focus on differentiated instruction to meet the needs of our student population. We utilize 21st century learning and communication to stay connected with our families. We also have an after school program called Kearney Community Learning Center available for students and parents to support family and learning needs.
Buffalo Hills Daily Schedule
7:45 am Doors open for students
8:00 am Students dismissed to classrooms
8:05 am Bell Rings/Tardy
3:20 pm Dismissal for Kindergarten
3:25 pm Dismissal for 1st-5th
Please make sure your child arrives at school before 8:05 a.m. The doors open at 7:45 a.m. Students enter the building and are assigned to the gym, computer lab or commons area for morning supervision. Students are dismissed to the classrooms between 8:00 and 8:05.
After School Procedures
We dismiss from multiple locations after school. It is imperative that you notify the office if you're after school plans change. Our goal is to conduct a safe dismissal process. Please contact the office by 2:30pm so we can notify staff. Please try and be consistent with pick up plans, this also ensure safety.
- KCLC: Students will report to the cafeteria area.
- Daycare: Students will report to south gym exit.
- K (and older siblings) Parent Pick up: Students will exit to the south parking lot.
- 1st-2nd (and older siblings) Parent Pick up: Students will exit on the west side.
- 3rd-5th Parent Pick up: Students will exit on the east side.
- K-5th Bus Students: Students will report to the commons area by west doors